Business Achievement Award
The Business Achievement Award is presented to honor individuals for significant achievement in business through the traditional corporate route. The achievement may be demonstrated over a career or by a singular achievement that has advanced the field of business and contributed to a community and to humankind.
Individuals are nominated for the Business Achievement Award based on the following criteria:
- Significant accomplishment in business demonstrated through an individual’s position, career progress, leadership, financial/market share results and community impact;
- Evidence of significant generosity through enhancement of a community or an educational institution;
- The significant accomplishment in business and the evidence of generosity may be over a career or the past 5-10 years;
- Evidence of continued and/or further service to humanity beyond the acts of generosity; and
- The nominee shall have been a model of ethical business leadership in his or her career and have exemplified the highest honor and integrity consistent with the ideals of Beta Gamma Sigma.
A nominee need not have received a degree in business or be a member of Beta Gamma Sigma. Nominations may be received from a Beta Gamma Sigma chapter, through the Faculty Advisor or Dean, or from a member of the Board of Governors. One to three individuals will be selected annually for the award, with nominations of women and minorities particularly encouraged.
This is a global award presented locally at the convenience of the recipient and the nominating institution. The award will be given prominence through an announcement at the BGS International Honoree Luncheon, through the BGS International Exchange, and a feature on BetaNet, the Beta Gamma Sigma website.
For more information, email the Central Office or call 1-800-337-4677.