In honor of James Viehland’s 36 years of service to Beta Gamma Sigma, the James A. Viehland Scholarship will enable two BGS students to attend the BGS Global Leadership Summit each year. These scholarships will cover the selected student’s entire Summit registration fee (includes hotel, meals, and program content) and the student’s airfare to the Summit. The 2016 BGS Global Leadership Summit takes place November 3-6 in Dallas, Texas.
Any BGS student officer who wishes to attend the BGS Global Leadership Summit is encouraged to apply for the scholarship. The application deadline is September 15, 2016. The recipient will be selected by Beta Gamma Sigma, and the recipient will be notified following a Board of Governors decision.
- Must be a Beta Gamma Sigma member
- Will hold a BGS student officer position during the 2016-17 academic year
- Applications will be judged based on personal essay, as well as past leadership and community service involvement
Required Application Materials:
- Completed online scholarship application
- Recommendation letter from Dean, BGS Chapter Advisor, or BGS Chapter Admin
- Personal essay that outlines your vision for your school’s chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma and how you plan to contribute to this vision (maximum one page)
All materials must be submitted by the September 15, 2016 deadline.