Continuing Leadership and Excellence
- Significant accomplishment in business demonstrated through an individual’s position, career progress, leadership, financial/market share results and community impact.
- The significant accomplishment in business and the evidence of generosity may be over a career or the past 5-10 years.
- If the nominee’s achievements occurred more than 10 years ago, clearly state how their actions impact the community today
- Evidence of significant generosity through enhancement of a community or an educational institution.
- Evidence of continued and/or further service to humanity beyond the acts of generosity.
Business Ethics and Ethical Leadership
- The nominee shall have been a model of ethical business leadership in his or her career and have exemplified the highest honor and integrity consistent with the ideals of Beta Gamma Sigma.
- A nominee need not have received a degree in business or be a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
Nominations may be received from a Beta Gamma Sigma chapter, through the Faculty Advisor or Dean, or from a member of the Board of Governors. BGS is committed to recognizing a globally diverse group of talented business leaders. One to three individuals will be selected annually for the award.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS DECEMBER 15, 2017
- Complete nomination form online
- Nomination materials are limited to the following items only. Chapter may submit all five or any combination but materials outside of those listed will not be accepted.
- Nominee Resume
- Nominee Bio (not to exceed 220 words)
- Nomination Letter from Chapter Officer (Chapter Advisor OR Dean) or Board of Governor
- Supplemental materials in a single document (preferably a pdf) not to exceed two (2) pages. BGS will only accept a maximum of two (2) supplemental items. Supplemental materials are limited to the following:
- New articles from campus, local or national sources
- Photos with captions
- Nominee Photo
- Please include all nominee information and supporting materials in a single zip file. You may have separate documents for the resume, bio, and nomination letter, but your supporting materials need to be in a single document (pdf or word doc).
Causes for Rejection of Nomination
- Nomination does not follow the submission criteria
- Nomination includes supplemental materials that do not coincide with the above limitations
- Nomination submission instructions were not followed