Smeal Alumni Career Services and the Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter at The Pennsylvania State University held an online networking event (through a chat software platform called Brazen) on April 6, 2016. This event included the entire Smeal community—faculty, staff, students and alumni were all invited to attend. It was the third-largest online event they have held to date, with 64 people registered and 39 in attendance.
This online networking event enabled attendees to speed-network no matter where they were in the world. Attendees had the ability to sign in from their home, office, local library, smart phone, or tablet. Chats were text-based and timed for 10 minutes, allowing attendees to make connections, exchange contact information, and end the hour with several new connections. A transcript of all conversations was saved after each event so attendees could access the notes and follow-up after the event.
We encourage your chapter to host BGS events similar to this that will not only benefit your members but also your alumni, faculty, and students. Please share your creative event details and pictures with the BGS Global Headquarters!
Register Your Students for the Second Annual Global Leadership Summit!
Have you registered your students for the Global Leadership Summit yet? If not, there’s still time to do so! Our second annual GLS will take place November 3-6, 2016 in Dallas, TX at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas. By attending the Summit, students will learn to refine their leadership skills and more. Read on to learn why you should send your students to the GLS:
- StrengthsFinder assessment and programming — Students will learn how to capitalize on their strengths throughout their career.
- Hands-on learning — Students will gain insights and then put them directly to work with various exercises, including a team case competition, throughout the weekend.
- World-class speakers — Your students will learn from today’s thought leaders in global business, academic and nonprofit sectors. Dmitri Stockton, Special Advisor to the Chairman and Senior Vice President of GE Company, will be the keynote speaker on opening night.
- Engagement — Students will have the opportunity to share their views as part of presentations and panel discussions that cover critical topics such as business ethics, social consciousness, effective communication, and more.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities – Attendees will connect with 400 other high-achieving fellow BGS students from around the world, talent recruiters from top brands and MBA programs, and expert presenters from numerous industries.
Registration closes at midnight CST on Friday, October 7, 2016.
You can find more details about the event by visiting https://betagammasigma.org/gls. We are looking forward to meeting your students in Dallas!